Terms & ConditionsWhat you need to know before bringing your dog to our groom room.
What you need to know before bringing your dog to our groom room
Please take a moment to read the terms and conditions that help us run our stress-free salon.
Care of your dog:
We will do our utmost to care for your pet whilst it is in our care. We value feedback on our service to you and ask that you discuss the grooming session before and after completion with us.
While every care is taken to ensure the safety of all pets while travelling to and from the Spa, or while in our care at our facility, Jolly Dog (Pty) Ltd, its staff or owners, agents or partners cannot be held liable for any loss or injury to visitors, pets and/or property.
- We appreciate 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment. Failure to turn up without prior notification may result in additional charges per dog to cover staff costs, and advance payment to secure your next appointment.
- Please ensure that your pet has been to the toilet before arriving at the spa.
- Please stick to the appointment time specified upon booking, we operate on a one-to-one basis which is a premium grooming and spa service, that ensures that your pet is given 100% of his or her groomer’s attention throughout the appointment period. This system can only work if clients bring their dogs and collect their dogs at the specified times. Your appointment slot includes time allocated to a pre-groom consultation, so that there is no need to arrive early to book in.
- Matted Coats. We have a non de-matting policy, all animals are to be protected from pain, injury, suffering and disease. Attempting to brush out heavy matting would lead to a great deal of discomfort for a dog. Instead we will insist on a complete summer cut (shave) this is for the well-being of the of our furry client.
- Fleas and ticks – we will check for fleas during the consultation, and will advise you if your animal needs to be treated. Any animal found to have fleas will go straight into a flea-bath with special shampoo to remove the fleas. The salon will also need to be treated to prevent cross contamination therefore we may need to charge an additional fee to cover the extra costs involved. You will be advised to treat your pet and your home environment to eradicate the problem.
- Sedated dogs. We do not accept dogs that are under sedation for grooming under any circumstances.
- Recent surgery. We do not accept dogs that have recently had any surgery with stitches or open wounds for grooming under any circumstances.
- Pregnant dogs. Whilst every care is taken with every dog, bitches that are pregnant are accepted for grooming at the owner’s risk.
- Challenging behaviour. Some dogs may require a longer appointment time or a split appointment, due to excessively nervous or challenging behaviour. We will advise the owner of any alteration in charges before we begin.
- Aggressive dogs. While we have a great deal of experience and success in the grooming of difficult dogs, we reserve the right to halt the grooming process should a dog become aggressive to the point of being a danger to staff or to his or herself. Full or part of the grooming charge may apply.
- Pre-existing conditions. Please inform us of your furry child’s medical history prior to their spa treatment, this includes any medication that they are on at the time. Your groomer may uncover evidence of a health issue while grooming your pet and will always advise you of any further recommended actions i.e. visit to the vet, dietary requirements etc.
- We groom each dog to the owner’s specifications, as far as the dog will tolerate and the coat condition and type allows. We will always place a dog’s welfare, safety and peace of mind above adherence to a particular style. In case of being unable for any reason to groom to the exact style wished by the owner, we will endeavour to contact the owner and agree upon a suitable alternative style.
- We reserve the right to turn away clients that are over 15 minutes late for their appointment.
- Your groomer will give you a collection time when you leave your dog at the salon. This will normally be around 2 hours later. A pet sitting fee will apply for dogs that are over 30 minutes late being collected.
- If you happen to be a few minutes early to collect, your dog may still be on the grooming table being attended to, please remain out of sight and hearing whilst you wait. Once your dog sees you and naturally starts to get excited, your groomer may have to consider the groom finished, for safety reasons.
- Our groomers work extremely hard, and care for each dog as if they were their own. Any abusive language or behaviour towards our staff or other visitors to the salon will not be tolerated.
- We will groom your pet to your specifications, which will be discussed in the pre-groom consultation. If you are sending your pet in with a friend or family member, please send written instructions or give us a quick call to confirm your requirement. This eliminates any confusion which can occur when receiving a clients wishes ‘second hand’. If you book your appointments with our collection service, you can leave your instructions with the driver, in as much detail as you wish. We always read through a clients appointment notes prior to the groom.
- Photographs. We take photos of each dog before during and after the groom, which we keep on file to assist us in future grooms. We may use some photos in advertising our service and/or post to our social media sites. Most clients enjoy seeing their pet featured. Please let us know beforehand if you do not wish your pet’s photos to be made public.
- Pet Records. Please provide a thorough account of any health issues, allergies or behavioural challenges appertaining to your dog. These notes are very valuable to us to give us a clear picture of the background before we begin to groom.
- Alterations. If, after the groom is complete, there is anything about the groom that you would like altered, please advise your groomer accordingly before you leave the salon. We are never offended by timely requests to make minor changes, so please ask.
- Tipping your groomer. Tips are never expected – but always appreciated.
- Payment: All dogs must be paid for upon collection from the spa – cash only.
- Discounts: no discount is offered for more than one dog as the time taken to groom is no less than for a single one.
- Credit: please do not ask for credit as a refusal often offends.
Get in Touch
An all-encompassing spa for dogs and cats, offering exciting products and convenient services to indulge both pets and owners alike. Our Spa is able to provide your pawsome best friends with a unique experience.
Our dog and cat spa offers your pets a true spa experience, pampering them from the moment they arrive. We pride ourselves in using Groomers Choice products, followed by a massage and conditioner.
Doggie Day-care for your furry children, where they get to have a fun day of socialising and playing with dogs of a similar size. We keep them busy with a variety of balls & toys, and on hot days they get to have some “water play” in our clamshells.
We offer training for our customers and their pets from time to time, ranging from basic puppy socialisation during day-care to workshops and demonstrations presented by our partner experts in various fields, when available.
We offer a collection service at an additional charge to and from the spa in neighboring suburbs within a 15km radius. Our vehicles are air-conditioned ensuring your pets comfort and all pets are secure during transportation.